Position: Full Time
Date Posted: March 26th, 2019
Posting Ends: May 26th, 2019
Do you love jeans and fashion?
Do you love working with people in a fun environment?
Do you love being part of a team that can lead change and grow the business?
A career at Bootlegger may be just the right fit for you!
The Assistant Manager partners with the Store Manager to maximize sales and profits by achieving business metrics goals including sales goals, ensuring excellent customer experience is provided at all times, and by consistently maintaining all aspects of day to day operations of the store and people. Leads and promotes cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve objectives, desired goals and deliverables. Enables associates to grow and succeed by providing instruction, feedback, and encouragement. Oversee business operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
- RESULTS ORIENTED: Generating results through a collaborative partnership with the Store Manager. Enabling associates to work effectively with and through teams to achieve the results the business requires, at the appropriate moment and within the given deadlines. Holds self and others accountable for achieving financial and other measurable objectives. Anticipates and meets the needs of the customer by providing a great customer experience through actions and behaviors.
- DEVELOPMENT OF OTHERS /SUCCESSION PLANNING: Actively works to improve the performance of oneself and others by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning and feedback; constructively helps and coaches others in their development of skills; exhibits a can-do approach and inspires associates to excel. Develops brand ambassadors that deliver a customer experience that supports our philosophy. Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement. Partners with the Store Manager to identify learning and development opportunities for associates; to develop talent; and to meet succession planning needs.
- IMPACT/INFLUENCE: Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization’s goals and objectives. Promotes the mission, vision, values and uses those principles to guide actions and behaviors for internal and external customers. Makes a positive impression, has presence, with the ability to engage and interact with others adapting to their style accordingly.
- TEAMWORK / ENGAGEMENT: Fosters the culture of teamwork through ownership and accountability. Operates with honesty and is transparent in actions, tasks, and expectations. Works well with all individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement, direction, and feedback. Supports building and maintaining a team focused on providing a great experience (service & environment). Engages others to enthusiastically participate in the attainment and advancement of organizational goals and strategies.
- MANAGING / LEADING CHANGE: Promote, advocates and embraces change. Is able to partner with the Store Manager to get others to buy in to change. Analyze the internal and external environment in order to identify current and future opportunities, challenges and risks and informs the Store Manager. Maintains focus and positive attitude amidst change; under pressure; as situations or objectives evolve. Effectively supports and guides team to deliver goals and objectives that enhance the customer experience.
Previous successful management experience is required. Must be a team player with good communication, people management and organization skills. Thru behaviours and actions demonstrates a commitment to the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision, and Core Values/Principles. Is an Ambassador of the Brand.
Our employees receive competitive wages, great discounts, recognition for individual and team efforts, personal and professional development and opportunities for advancement. Bootlegger embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity.