American Eagle OutfittersAssistant Manager
Position: Full Time
Date Posted: January 13th, 2016
Posting Ends: This posting has expired
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUPERVISES: Store Associates
The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in achieving sales goals, meeting merchandising brand standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team. The Assistant Manager is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
• Motivate and inspire the team by communicating a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses American Eagle Outfitters’ Core values.
• Act as the leader on duty and consistently model the brand customer service standards and Customer First selling behaviours.
• Communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behaviour standards.
• Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to develop a high performing team and customer-centric culture.
• Participate in productive weekly leadership meetings.
• Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
Drive for Results
• Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drive KPI results and maximize business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
• Manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity and achieve daily/hourly targets.
• Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
• Effective use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results (BOSS, Store to Door, Social Media).
• Contribute to the achievement of all store financial, revenue and expense targets.
• Build customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
• Recruit, hire, develop and retain sales associates to ensure the store is sufficiently staffed to meet the needs of the business.
• Train, develop and coach the associate team; provide appropriate level of performance feedback to increase confidence and capability.
• Support the annual review process for sales associates.
• Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
• Execute all Division of Responsibility as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Ensure that the associate team adheres to all employment practices and policies.
• Proactively identify customer and performance issues and communicate them to store management in a timely manner; collaborate to develop and implement a plan for resolution.
Visual & Operational Execution
• Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room, ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
• Ensure all visual directives, including mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
• Generate and analyze merchandise reports and make necessary brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
• Manage the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise from shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Execute all daily operational procedures and support the management team to ensure the store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
• Minimum high school education or equivalent.
• 2+ years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
• Ability to lead a team; delegate and follow up.
• Ability to develop and train others.
• Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, provincial and local requirements.
• Demonstrated time management, prioritizing, organizing and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule (subject to applicable law) to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
• Computer and technology proficient.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
Apply in store with resumé.