Position: Part Time
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2017
Posting Ends: This posting has expired
Purpose of the Job
Sell and promote merchandise throughout the assigned area to provide total solutions for customers. Develop, maintain and build relationships with customers to increase loyalty and build private brand equity. Maintain the merchandising standards to create an environment that improves the customer experience and promotes sales.
- Provide superior customer service throughout the assigned area/s, using best of breed selling techniques to drive sales. Provide total solutions and improve the lives of customers through consultative selling, promoting new product and coordinating product. Demonstrate a commitment to satisfying customers and achieving sales objectives. Accurately and efficiently process customer transactions.
- Merchandise and re-stock product in the department according to designated standards. Identify and escalate merchandising issues to ensure appropriate and timely action is taken to resolve the issues.
- Build the business by establishing, developing and maintaining first-class customer relations through client registry, following up regularly and as per standards to increase customer loyalty and achieve sales targets. Where applicable, offer professional fitting room assistance, selecting coordinates and additional pieces to provide the customer with options and total solutions to build the sale and create customer loyalty.
- Organize and implement special events to generate sales (e.g. wardrobing sessions). Promote events and participate in activities related to the event (i.e. setting up/maintaining displays and signing, etc.) Divert and recruit customers in other departments by promoting product, solutions and special offers.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- A minimum of 3 months of previous work experience
- Excellent selling service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Sears Canada Inc. is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Please apply in store or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.